What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a discipline which focuses on the relationship between the bone structure and the nervous system and how that relationship affects your overall health. Chiropractic strives to help the body heal itself without resorting to drugs or surgery. The goal of chiropractic is to restore and optimize overall health (not just treat spine and neck injuries).
What is Chiropractic Care and How Does it Work?
Your nervous system controls all living cells, tissues, and organs. The spinal column encases and protects the spinal cord and the nerve roots, which is the way your nervous system does its work.
So, anything that irritates the spinal column, including injury or wear and tear, has the potential to irritate the nervous system. Irritation of the nervous system leads to problems with the cells, tissues, and organs that it controls.
Chiropractors also use techniques such as massage, nutritional counseling, exercise, and lifestyle modification programs. Chiropractors are more likely to approach health complaints holistically in order to promote long-term benefits to the patient.
The Benefits of Chiropractic
- Spinal and extremity pain relief
- Headache relief
- Increased mobility and range of motion
- Decreased stiffness and muscular spasms
- Arthritic joint pain relief
- Increased joint health
- Increased performance and energy
- Increased sense of well-being and relaxation
- Increased balance and coordination
- Reduced degeneration and risk of injury
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Decreased tissue inflammation