Nashville Sciatica Treatments
With Action Spine & Joint
Efficient Treatment of Sciatica
Sciatica is back pain that often extends to the back of one or both legs as a result of issues with the sciatic nerve.
Continue Reading Efficient Treatments
Sciatica is a very painful condition. The pain originates from the lower back/lumbar region or buttock and goes all the way down through one or both legs. The nerve pain from this condition may vary in intensity and time frame. Sometimes it could be too mild while other times it becomes unbearably severe.
The pain may be intermittent, lasting a few minutes, while other times, it could persist for long duration’s, from a few days to several weeks.
The chiropractors of Action Spine and Joint are highly trained professionals skilled in chiropractic treatments and relief of sciatica.
Sciatic pain may come in many different variants. It could be mild, achy, sharp or in pin and needle-like discomfort, that is similar to both toothaches and electric shocks.
Sciatica may also come in form of burning, numbness and tingling sensations. Sciatica is not really a disease but it is actually a symptom of a disease. That is to say that sciatica manifests as a pointer to other disorders or disease conditions, and cannot be classified as a “stand-alone” disease.
Other synonyms that are indicative of sciatica include radiating or referred pain, neuropathy and neuralgia.
The Causes of Sciatica
Sciatica occurs due to reduction in length of the sciatic nerve.
Disorders that result in sciatic nerve pain are:
- Misalignment of the vertebra-a shift in a vertebrae may press on the sciatic nerve and cause pain
- Herniated or protruding discs (slipped discs)-this is like in misaligned vertebra. But the impingement is caused by a vertebra disc
- Tumors- this is when abnormal growths impinge or press on the sciatic nerve causing pain and discomfort
- Piriformis syndrome caused by a fall, hip arthritis, or a difference in leg length
Chiropractic Treatment of Sciatic Symptoms
Chiropractic treatment of symptoms of sciatic helps to promote the body’s self-healing process. This means that handling sciatica pain increases the body’s chance of recovery from the underlying etiologies. Its approach to recuperation requires no drug use and no penetrative equipment.
Continue Reading Sciatic Treatments
There is a variety of chiropractic treatments available. The approach to treatment of the sciatica is unique to the specific cause of pain in each individual as the pain is usually caused by a variety of conditions. The different Chiropractic treatments of sciatica include:
- Adjustments (Spinal Manipulation) to ease and prevent restricted movement of the spine, realign vertebra, reduce nerve irritability, muscle spasms and pain.
- Cryotherapy to reduce inflammation and control pain.
- Ultrasound to increase blood flow and reduce muscle spasms, cramping, swelling, rigidity, and pain.
- TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) treatment to control serious and immediate pain and decrease muscle spasms.
Chiropractors Can Help Sciatic Nerve Pain
Chiropractors are health care practitioners skilled in chiropractic-a medical procedure that involves the use of one’s hands or a hand-held instrument to monitor the movement of the skeletal structures of the body in order to improve the function of the joints and entire nervous system. Dr. Bearden’s chiropractic techniques have helped patients with the pain and discomfort of sciatica.
Don’t Let Joint Pain Keep You from Enjoying Life
Goodbye Pain, Hello Relief!
Action Spine & Joint of Nashville Helps You Enjoy Life Now!